Pages

Saturday 8 January 2011

The year has turned

So, here I am in 2011 Happy New Year to you all  and I have to say I feel much more positive setting out down the road of this year than I did in 2010. That felt like it was going to be hard and I was starting feeling fairly whacked out to begin with. It did turn out to be challenging but also many really good things came from it and it improved a lot as the year moved on.

Today after one week I have done some clearing out (an ongoing task) and nearly organised my desk so I can find things. I've made a preliminary to do list which will change by the day and set myself some new goals for my business.

I am opening an online shop by the end of the month from my website for cards and prints. This is a big move for me, feels scary but no doubt will fall into a routine as weeks go by. I am finalising info to get it finished  such as posting costs and printing fees etc so I don't shoot myself in the foot. I've been reading up in various places and they all say this is a danger area, like selling on ebay and ending up paying more to ship your item than you get for it. Pricing is a nightmare.



Today I shall be putting together more card stock and then turning to some new work. Is the day that long? It is very dark, we had a load more snow yesterday but it turned to rain so over night it has gone. That's a blessing as we are going across to our friends in the Forest of Dean for a curry party and so many things didn't happen over the hols I am really looking forward to this.

Now must make some Cranberry and apricot porridge to set me up for work and get on.

The blue butterflies are to reming me of colours to come. They were watercolours I did a while ago.
Have a good year.

No comments:

Post a Comment