Pages

Saturday 22 January 2011

New Year - New Shop

Well, it seems to be going at a phenomenal speed, January that is. Can't believe we are at the 22nd already and I'm flat out working.

Mind you I've spent the last week uploading items to my new Etsy Shop and stretching my brain to learn how to do all these things.
Wow! I have a shop to sell my cards and prints and artwork. It is far from all encompassing yet but my Scraperboards are on there and some prints and a couple of pastel images too.

 If you are in the UK you can have cards or prints in a few days. Check out the details but I warn you it is a place you can explore for hours so buy what you want from me before you go down the ETSY rabbit hole.
Let's take an interlude to look at the joy outside my window. Imagine tinkly music or birdsong.

Aah! I came down the other morning, rolled up the blind and there it was, glorious and the perfume is gorgeous. I keep dashing out the door to sniff it in, bellissima. Oh it's a Witch Hazel bush.

I want to assure you I have faith in this year. Last year was just hard graft with some amazing spots of reward then more graft.
I feel this year thanks to all that, is going to be much more rewarding and interesting and of course exciting.

So, back to info. In May I shall be exhibiting in the CRiK Art trail (28th, 29th, 30th May) in and around Crickhowell, Powys. If you don't know this area in the Brecon Beacons National Park then redress that this Spring. It is fabulous and they have a cafe, the Courtroom Cafe which I have a wall of art in and they do fab food. Other cafe's are available and lots of other things to do but eat and drink.

They also have a superb Art Gallery in the CRiC Resource Centre, next to the carpark which has a monthly exhibition of stunning work. What are you waiting for?
I actually would like to live in that area but we can't afford to so we are 15 mins away by car and spend quite a lot of time over there. My husband Dek teaches Chi Gong at the CRiC Centere and at Arts Alive.

I will also be at Wilton Castle, nr Ross-on-Wye over the weekend of 14th, 15th, 16th of May. More details later. If you want an invite email me.
Another breath. I was watching the birds in my garden stoking up on bashed up Fat balls and ground peanuts this morning and amazed at the variety in the garden.
The light on the salmon pink chests of the Bullfinches was stunning, the Robins looked a bit out faced by them. I adore watching the birds they give me pure joy.

So I guess I'd better get back to my Scraperboard of Morning Glory Vine No2. I am doing this to get back into the groove you might say as you need to flex your muscles with this craft like any other. I have some ideas for some mystical female figures which I want to have completed by the May deadlines and more Hares. Must go now or it's not going to happen, watch this space!!

1 comment:

  1. Hello, just discovered your blog today - and your website, shop etc...
    I love your work - especially the finely detailed scraperboards.

    This is a nice post - I also love to see the birds in our garden (Bedfordshire). We had some bullfinches this winter - which is unusual; there have been so many at our feeders this year. It's nice to know we are helping them through the winter.
    I love your witch hazel bush. I think I may need one of these for my garden... we have a space or two that need filling with interest.

    I added your blog to my follow list and your shop to my favourites. I also have an etsy shop and a blog - maybe I'll see you there some time!

    ReplyDelete